What does our travel insurance policy include?
- Cancellation – up to £10,000
- Travel delay – £25 for the first 12 hours and £25 for each 12 hour delay after that up to a total of £200; or up to £10,000 holiday abandonment. This section does not apply to trips within the United Kingdom (unless involving travel to or from Northern Ireland or the Isles of Scilly)
- Missed departure – up to £1,000
- Personal accident – up to £30,000, subject to age
- Medical and other expenses – up to £10,000,000 (excluding COVID-19)
- Curtailment – up to £10,000 (excluding COVID-19)
- Hospital benefit – £10 a day up to £100 within the United Kingdom; £20 a day up to £600 outside the United Kingdom
- Personal property and personal money – up to £1,500
- up to £300 any one article, pair or set of articles
- up to £300 valuables limit
- up to £200 for baggage delay after 12 hours
- Personal money – up to £500 (reduced to £50 if aged up to 17)
- Loss of passport or visa – up to £500
- Personal liability – up to £2,000,000
- Legal costs and expenses – up to £25,000
- Catastrophe – up to £500
- Non-appearance of artist – up to £50
- Emergency home assistance – the cost of call out of an approved tradesperson, up to three hours labour and up to £100 for parts or materials to a maximum of £250
- Withdrawal of services – £50 per day up to £500
- Pet care – £20 per 24 hours up to £200
- COVID-19 cover – up to £10,000 cancellation and curtailment and £1,000,000 medical and other expenses
Please refer to the holiday insurance policy terms and conditions:
- View Status Disclosure Information (Air)
- View Status Disclosure Information (Coach)
- View Policy Document
- View Insurance Product Information Document
Excesses are applicable to the above cover. Terms and conditions apply.
Our NEW COVID-19 policy now covers you for disruption to your holiday plans as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is included in the cost of all travel insurance policies we sell.
What is covered if I have to cancel?
- You, your close relative, a member of your household or your travelling companion(s) if you or they have a positive COVID-19 test result within 14-days or the scheduled departure date; or
- You being denied boarding your pre-booked outbound travel because you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms supported by a subsequent positive COVID-19 test result.
What is covered if I have to curtail (cut short) my trip?
- You, if you have to cut short your trip due to the death of a close relative, as certified by a medical practitioner, following a positive COVID-19 test result.
What is covered if I receive a positive COVID-19 test during my trip?
- Cost of essential emergency medical treatment if the trip is outside of the United Kingdom.
- Emergency repatriation and other travel expenses.
- Emergency additional accommodation expenses (room only) for you to extend your trip until you are medical fit to return home.
- £30 per day, up to £300 in total, if you are ordered to self-isolate in your holiday accommodation by a relevant Government authority, following you receiving a positive COVID-19 test result.
|maximum sums insured/benefits per person||Excess|
|£5,000 UK, Isle of Man Channel Islands & Europe / £7,500 Worldwide Cancellation & Curtailment||£75 UK, Isle of Man, Channel Islands & Republic of Ireland|
|£1,000,000 Medical & Other Expenses||£60 Europe & Worldwide (trips up to £5,000 in value)|
|£250 Worldwide (trips £5,001 to £7,500 in value)|
Cover does not include
- Self-isolation. You will need to provide evidence of a positive test result in order to receive cover.
- COVID-19 related claims caused by Government or FCO restrictions, such as further lockdowns. In these instances, our packages are protected by ABTA.
Terms and conditions apply.
How to add insurance to your holiday
If you take out insurance when booking your holiday, the price of the insurance premium will be added to your holiday cost. Your statement of cover will be sent to you with your booking confirmation.
If you haven't yet booked your holiday, simply tick the box that you'll find during the online booking process. If you prefer to book over the phone, you can request insurance when you call.
If you've already booked, adding insurance to an existing booking is easy. Just give us a call on 01709 787 463 and we'll be happy to add it on for you.
You can use your own travel insurance if you have it, but you must contact us with the policy details and emergency contact numbers before departing on your Leger holiday.