Your Holiday Itinerary
- Day 1 – Fly from Heathrow, Luton or Manchester to Tel Aviv where you will be met and transferred to your hotel on the Mediterranean sea. D*
- Day 2 – Caesarea, Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee - We visit Caesarea, seeing the Roman Theatre, walk beside the harbour from which Paul sailed to Rome and see the impressive aqueduct, built by Herod the Great. Next, we ascend to Muhraka, on Mount Carmel. We stop at lunchtime at the Druze village of Daliyat El-Carmel, and in the afternoon we visit Megiddo. Travelling onwards, we visit Nazareth, where Jesus spent his childhood, and drive by Cana of Galilee, then Mount Arbel for an exciting view of the enchanting Sea of Galilee. We stay for two nights near Tiberias. B,D
- Day 3 – Galilee and the Golan Heights - We visit Capernaeum, the home of St. Peter and site of an ancient Jewish Synagogue, Tabgha, where we remember the miracle of the ‘Feeding of the 5000’ that Jesus performed in the area. We continue with a visit to Mount Beatitudes, one possible site of the Sermon on the Mount. During the day, we take a boat trip on the Sea of Galilee. B,D
- Day 4 – Jordan Valley to Jerusalem - Visit the Baptismal site at Yardenit then travel south towards Jerusalem. En route we call at Beit Shean, where we will walk the ancient streets and see the Roman period bath-houses, amphitheatre, market and temples. We continue down the Jordan Valley with a view of Jericho, one of the most ancient cities in the world. Arrive in Jerusalem for a four-night stay. B,D
- Day 5 – Jerusalem, the Old City - We begin our day with a magnificent view from the top of the Mount of Olives. We see the Chapel where ‘the Lord wept’, then proceed to the beautiful Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed the night before he died. We see Stephen’s Gate, the only gate that opens to the east of the city, then visit the Western or ‘Wailing’ Wall, the holiest of holy places in Israel, which attracts thousands of worshippers daily, and the Pool of Bethesda. We see the Ecce Homo Arch, where Pontius Pilate identified Jesus to the crowd, and finally walk the Via Dolorosa – the Stations of the Cross. B,D
- Day 6 – The Dead Sea and Masada - We begin at Qumran, where the first Dead Sea Scrolls were found in 1947. A ‘float’ in the Dead Sea, located at the lowest place in the world on dry land (1385 feet below normal sea level) is an incredible, once-in-a-lifetime experience, then visit the oasis of Ein Gedi. A cable-car will take us up to King Herod’s magnificent fortress where the rebels made their last dramatic stand against Rome in 73 AD. B,D
- Day 7 – Jerusalem, the New City - We begin our last day in Jerusalem with a visit to the new Museum of the Holocaust at Yad Vashem, then the Israel Museum, to view the Dead Sea Scrolls and a model of Ancient Jerusalem as it appeared at the time. Taking the winding road known as Pope's Way we reach Mount Zion, the highest point in the city of Jerusalem, We visit the Cenacle, which, for the Jewish Religion, is the traditional location of David's tomb and end with a visit to the Garden Tomb, believed by many to be the location where Christ was laid after his crucifixion. B,D
- Day 8 – In the morning, we include a short visit to the ancient port of Jaffa, where St. Peter raised Tabitha from the dead, then transfer back to Tel Aviv for our return flight to the U.K. B
Included Meals: B=Breakfast D=Dinner
*Please note, due to flight timings for Heathrow departures, an evening meal is not included on the first evening. However, a meal will be served in-flight.
You can travel in armchair comfort for only a little extra. Add a touch of luxury to your holiday - choose to upgrade to Silver Service for luxury coach travel with added benefits.
- Extra Legroom - for added comfort
- Rear lounge to relax and chat
- FREE personal headphones with a choice of music & DvD's
- Porterage in all hotels
All of our coaches are modern and comfortable, and you can be assured of a high level of service and reliability from our expertly-trained coach crews, who are on hand to assist and escort you along the way!
This tour is a fly-tour. Flights are available from a choice of airports. See across for details. Return airport transfers are included at your destination at the start and end of your tour.
This tour consists of an inclusive cruising element, by either river or sea!
Some joining points carry a supplement which will be clearly shown when booking.
All prices are per person based on two sharing
- Optional excursions
- Single room supplements £309
- Travel insurance from £70
- Flight supplements where applicable
If you are looking to create your own tour to go on with friends or family, our groups team can personalise any tour to suit your requirements. See the Group Travel page for more details.
- 7 nights’ accommodation with breakfast and 7 evening meals*
- Escorted by a Leger Tour Manager in Israel
- Return flights to Tel Aviv from Heathrow, Luton or Manchester
- Airport taxes
- Travel by air-conditioned coach
- Caesarea, Nazareth and the sea of Galilee
- Galilee and the Golan Heights
- Jordan Valley
- The Dead Sea and Masada
Flights to Tel Aviv are available from Luton and Manchester with Easyjet or from London Heathrow with El Al (supplement payable). All prices are subject to availability. Flight supplements may apply. This holiday is operated by Leger Air Holidays Ltd. ATOL 3880. Please call for more details.
Need some help?
If there is something we could help you with, you can give us a call on 0844 846 0808, or alternatively:
Single Room Saver
As a single traveller, you can benefit from NO or LOW single room supplements on some of our regular holidays. We have limited availability on these rooms, so book today.
Door to Door
On selected holidays of 9 days duration or more and Single Traveller coach holidays, you don’t even have to think about getting to your joining point! Provided you live within 20 miles of one of our free joining points, from only £60* per car, we’ll pick you up from your home and return you back.(subject to terms & availability).
On selected popular tours, choose a flying start (fly out and join coach for return
journey), flying return (travel out by coach and fly home), or fly both ways!
Plus we'll arrange your flights and transfers between your hotel and the European airport.
Here at Leger, our Directors are a hands-on crew and like to experience holidays the same way as you do.
By travelling on tours and talking to our customers,
they get very valuable feedback that we use to ensure we deliver you
the best holiday possible.