Your Holiday Itinerary
- Day 1 – Local departure by coach, then to the Brussels area for an overnight stay.
- Day 2 – Joes Bridge to Nijmegen - We travel to Joe’s Bridge, the start position of the Guards Armoured Division at the beginning of Operation Market Garden. We look at the Irish Guards assault and see their graves at Valkenswaard War Cemetery. We then see the vast German cemetery at Ysselsteyn before visiting the impressive Overloon War Museum. After lunch, we resume the XXX Corps route at the Grave Bridge, before looking at the tough fighting for Nijmegen and the crossing of the Waal River by American Airborne forces. Continue to our hotel in Wolfheze for a two-night stay. B
- Day 3 – Hartenstein Hotel and The Battle of Arnhem - We begin at the Hartenstein Hotel, headquarters of the 1st Airborne Division during the Arnhem battle, and now an excellent museum. We then see an original memorial at Wolfheze and look at one of the landing grounds at Ginkel Heath. Following a visit to the Arnhem Oosterbeek War Cemetery we have lunch and then see some of the positions in the Oosterbeek Perimeter before visiting the area around Arnhem Bridge, where the pivotal battle for the outcome of Operation Market Garden took place. B
- Day 4 – To Calais and return home. B
Included Meals: B=Breakfast
Please Note: Entrance fees to museums and places of interest are at extra cost.
You can travel in armchair comfort for only a little extra. Add a touch of luxury to your holiday - choose to upgrade to Silver Service for luxury coach travel with added benefits.
- Extra Legroom - for added comfort
- Rear lounge to relax and chat
- FREE personal headphones with a choice of music & DvD's
- Porterage in all hotels
All of our coaches are modern and comfortable, and you can be assured of a high level of service and reliability from our expertly-trained coach crews, who are on hand to assist and escort you along the way!
This tour is a fly-tour. Flights are available from a choice of airports. See across for details. Return airport transfers are included at your destination at the start and end of your tour.
This tour consists of an inclusive cruising element, by either river or sea!
Some joining points carry a supplement which will be clearly shown when booking.
Prices are per person, based on two sharing
- Optional excursions
- Entrance fees to museums and places of interest
- Single room supplement £59
- Travel insurance from £34.95
DISCOUNTS FOR CHILDREN (aged 8-17 years) on selected dates
SAVE £80 off the adult price when travelling with at least 1 adult on the following dates:
Call for more details.
If you are looking to create your own tour to go on with friends or family, our groups team can personalise any tour to suit your requirements. See the Group Travel page for more details.
Please call 0844 846 0808 to book late availability offers. Prices listed are per person, based on 2 people sharing a standard room.
- Convenient local joining points
- Travel by executive coach, upgrade to Silver Service luxury coach with extra legroom available
- 3 nights’ accommodation with continental breakfast
- Specialist Battlefields Guide
- Battlefield visits as described
Upgrade to Silver Service and enjoy these extras
- Travel by Silver Service luxury coach which includes:
- FREE personal headphones with a choice of music & DVDs
- Extra legroom for your added comfort
- Comfortable rear lounge to relax and chat
- Porterage in all hotels
- Smaller, more personal group
Need some help?
If there is something we could help you with, you can give us a call on 0844 846 0808, or alternatively:
Single Room Saver
As a single traveller, you can benefit from NO or LOW single room supplements on some of our regular holidays. We have limited availability on these rooms, so book today.
Door to Door
On selected holidays of 9 days duration or more and Single Traveller coach holidays, you don’t even have to think about getting to your joining point! Provided you live within 20 miles of one of our free joining points, from only £60* per car, we’ll pick you up from your home and return you back.(subject to terms & availability).
On selected popular tours, choose a flying start (fly out and join coach for return
journey), flying return (travel out by coach and fly home), or fly both ways!
Plus we'll arrange your flights and transfers between your hotel and the European airport.
Here at Leger, our Directors are a hands-on crew and like to experience holidays the same way as you do.
By travelling on tours and talking to our customers,
they get very valuable feedback that we use to ensure we deliver you
the best holiday possible.