Your Holiday Itinerary
- Day 1 – Local departure by coach or Door-to-Door service, then onward to Belgium for an overnight stay.
- Day 2 – Continue south to our 4 star hotel in Niederau, Austria for a six-night stay. B,D
- Day 3 – Ziller Valley Railway and Mayrhofen - Today’s included excursion takes us on a wonderful panoramic trip through the Ziller Valley as we ride on the Zillertal narrow railway from Fügen to Mayrhofen where you will have time to explore this delightful village at the head of the valley (Please Note: the Ziller Valley Railway does not always feature a steam train). B,D
- Day 4 – St. Wolfgang and the Schafberg Railway - Austria’s lake district is breathtaking. Our optional excursion breifly visits St. Gilgen, before joining the lake cruise ship to St. Wolfgang, where we board the cog railway and ascend the Schafberg Mountain for some spectacular photographic opportunities. Free time in St. Wolfgang to explore the shops and enjoy the pretty lakeside village. B,D
- Day 5 - Innsbruck - Optional excursion to the Tyrolean capital, Innsbruck. Its many fine buildings, including the famous Golden Roof, are a legacy of the Habsburg Emperor Maximilian. Today you can also see the more modern Berg Isel Olympic ski jump, from where there are wonderful views overlooking the city. Whilst in Innsbruck why not join our optional trip aboard the Nordkettenbahnen, taking you to the Seegrub mountain station by train and cablecar.. B,D
- Day 6 – Pinzgau Train and Kitzbühel - Included excursion visiting the pretty walled town of Kitzbuhel. We continue to Mittersill, where we board the Pinzgau Train and take a nostalgic rail journey through the mountains. We end the day at the lakeside resort of Zell-am-See (please Note: order of excursion may vary). B,D
- Day 7 – Lake Achensee - Optional (included on Silver Service) scenic drive along the Alpenstrasse to Lake Achensee, the largest lake in the Austrian Tyrol. There you can take an optional cruise on the lake or ride on the rack and pinion railway from Jenbach to Seespitz, which offers amazing views of the area. B,D
- Day 8 – To Belgium for an overnight stay. B
- Day 9 – To Calais then return home. B
Included Meals: B=Breakfast D=Dinner
12-Day - Extra Leisure Tour
You can travel in armchair comfort for only a little extra. Add a touch of luxury to your holiday - choose to upgrade to Silver Service for luxury coach travel with added benefits.
- Extra Legroom - for added comfort
- Rear lounge to relax and chat
- FREE personal headphones with a choice of music & DvD's
- Porterage in all hotels
All of our coaches are modern and comfortable, and you can be assured of a high level of service and reliability from our expertly-trained coach crews, who are on hand to assist and escort you along the way!
This tour is a fly-tour. Flights are available from a choice of airports. See across for details. Return airport transfers are included at your destination at the start and end of your tour.
This tour consists of an inclusive cruising element, by either river or sea!
Door-to-Door service may be chargeable depending on distance to the joining point and number of passengers, please call for more information. Some joining points carry a supplement which is clearly shown when booking.
Prices are per person, based on two sharing
- Optional excursions
- Single room supplement £109 (9 day) £139 (12 day)
- Travel insurance from £46.95 (9 day) £48.95 (12 day)
If you are looking to create your own tour to go on with friends or family, our groups team can personalise any tour to suit your requirements. See the Group Travel page for more details.
Early Booking Special Offer!
£20 off Aug 2014 departures when you book by 31 May 2014 and £40 off 2015 departures when you book by 31 Jul 2014. Quote reference "RP45E" when making your booking by telephone or enter as your discount code on the payment page for online bookings.
- 8 or 11 nights’ accommodation with continental breakfast and 6 or 9 evening meals
- Travel by Door-to-Door or from a convenient local joining point
- Travel by executive coach, upgrade to Silver Service luxury coach with extra legroom available
- Ziller Valley Railway and Mayrhofen- Lovely Alpine train journey pectacular
- Pinzgau Train and Kitzbühel - Nostalgic rail journey and famous historic town
- Innsbruck - Spectacular Alpine capital
- St. Wolfgang and the Schafberg Railway - Breathtaking lakeland scenery and cog railway
- Lake Achensee (included on Silver Service) - Largest lake in the Tyrol
- Rack and Pinion Railway - Picturesque rail ride (Jenbach to Seespitz)
- Nordkettenbahen - Mountain railway and cable car
- Lake Achensee Cruise - Fine lakeside scenery
Upgrade to Silver Service and enjoy these extras
- Travel by Silver Service luxury coach which includes:
- Extra legroom for your added comfort
- Comfortable rear lounge to relax and chat
- FREE personal headphones with a choice of music & DVDs
- Porterage in all hotels
- Smaller, more personal group
Need some help?
If there is something we could help you with, you can give us a call on 0844 846 0808, or alternatively:
Single Room Saver
As a single traveller, you can benefit from NO or LOW single room supplements on some of our regular holidays. We have limited availability on these rooms, so book today.
Door to Door
On selected holidays of 9 days duration or more and Single Traveller coach holidays, you don’t even have to think about getting to your joining point! Provided you live within 20 miles of one of our free joining points, from only £60* per car, we’ll pick you up from your home and return you back.(subject to terms & availability).
On selected popular tours, choose a flying start (fly out and join coach for return
journey), flying return (travel out by coach and fly home), or fly both ways!
Plus we'll arrange your flights and transfers between your hotel and the European airport.
Here at Leger, our Directors are a hands-on crew and like to experience holidays the same way as you do.
By travelling on tours and talking to our customers,
they get very valuable feedback that we use to ensure we deliver you
the best holiday possible.