Top to bottom:
Wellington Tunnel; Cross
at Lochnagar Crater
Teachers’ Guides for WW1
Holts Tours has produced a comprehensive full-colour guide to aid teachers in effective
preparation for their tours to Ypres and the Somme. These packs are exclusive to Holts
Tours and are available to you, the teacher, when you book your tour with us. They have
been designed in conjunction with a Chief Examiner in GCSE History and we feel that
they are one of several features that make our Battlefield Tours the most comprehensive
The Pack Contains:
• A chronological description of the museums and battlefields to be visited during your
tour, with in-depth commentary on the significant details of each site.
• A Student Activity Checklist, providing you with suggestions of tasks for your student
• Background information on the key features, as well as related historical facts and
• Sections linking the work on the field trip to the requirements of GCSE and Key Stage 3.
• Full colour pictures and maps of the sites to be visited.
• Student worksheets relating to all the activities covered during the day. We also provide
a Teachers’ Guide and student worksheets for Vimy Ridge, written by Malcolm
Everything that is required by the student is in their workbook and will provide the
necessary work for the National Curriculum KS3 and a basis for GCSE work.
Historial de la Guerre
Trenches at Vimy Ridge